For info on how to find our streams, E-Mail Ben_RFC_1873@hotmail.co.uk.

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Get the Italian teams out!
mbs
S.P.L Moderator

Group: Moderators
Get the Italian teams out!

Here is great article from Tom Sheids at the Herald. It is a scandal that Itlaian oponents still do not know where they are going to play their matches. Why are UEFA putting up with this?

" I HAVE every sympathy for Celtic supporters who have invested precious pennies on flights and hotel rooms in Milan. But I hope the forthcoming Champions League tie between the clubs is not played in Italy.

Somewhere agreeable such as the Stade de France would suit. This is purely selfish since the change of venue would circumvent my self-imposed ban on attending any football match whatsoever in Italy.

I vowed never to subject myself to football Italian-style after an unpleasant experience in Turin in 2001. It was nothing to do with Juventus getting a dodgy last-minute penalty to win 3-2.

It was being herded about Turin (a city which had been effectively closed for the occasion) by riot police and being transported to and from the game in a manner usually reserved for the accused in murder trials.

I was not struck by a bomb, flare, Molotov cocktail, stick, stone, brick or a flaming scooter - the objects which Italian football fans like to hurl at visiting supporters. And possibly, those riot police were there for my protection.

I just felt that if there was trouble, the police baton would be coming in my direction. Think about it. If you're an Italian polis with the choice of facing up to an unarmed pacifist Scot or some evil tifosi tooled up like a Baghdad insurgent who are you going to pick on?

It's time David Taylor, that new chap at Uefa, took some action. The least they can do is make Italian clubs play their European matches outside Italy. Or they could eject forthwith all Italian clubs from this season's tournaments, with opponents being granted a bye into the next round.

HERE HERE, get a stadium to play thge game or GET OUT!

just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you
02-15-2007 08:55 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
mbs
S.P.L Moderator

Group: Moderators
RE: Get the Italian teams out!

Hey, who moved ma post? Where was it moved to?

just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you
02-16-2007 09:59 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
unknown_30
Live Football Beginner

Group: Registered

dont be surprise if an italian team wins the CL

02-19-2007 02:45 AM
slkdave
Live Football Junior Member

People nowadays dont know how to appreciate catenachio. EPL teams and supporters fear Italian teams because they will give a beating for 90 min home and away. And if by chance this does not occur, the fans will pick up the slack.

03-10-2007 07:26 PM
slkdave

RE:  Get the Italian teams out!

slkdave Wrote:

People nowadays dont know how to appreciate catenachio.  EPL teams and supporters fear Italian teams because they will give a beating for 90 min home and away.  And if by chance this does not occur, the fans will pick up the slack.

That goes for EPL too!

03-10-2007 07:27 PM
slkdave

RE:   Get the Italian teams out!

slkdave Wrote:

slkdave Wrote:

People nowadays dont know how to appreciate catenachio.  EPL teams and supporters fear Italian teams because they will give a beating for 90 min home and away.  And if by chance this does not occur, the fans will pick up the slack.

That goes for EPL too!

Sorry, meant SPL.

03-10-2007 07:28 PM
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

Group: N/A
RE:    Get the Italian teams out!

slkdave Wrote:

slkdave Wrote:

slkdave Wrote:

That goes for EPL too!

Sorry, meant SPL.

celtic gave them the fright of their lives mate 180 mins agains one of the best teams in the world without conceding a goal!!!! you call that fear!!

WE FEAR NO ONE!!!!

03-10-2007 09:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply
vato
Live Football Beginner

JUVENTUS RULE!!!!!

08-16-2007 01:30 AM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: