For info on how to find our streams, E-Mail Ben_RFC_1873@hotmail.co.uk.

Pages (7): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Celtic v A C Milan
redcanuck
Unregistered

Group: N/A
Celtic v A C Milan

The Scottish champions may have never won away in the UEFA Champions League but a record of nine wins in 12 home matches means they should not be short of confidence at Celtic Park, even against opponents with the European pedigree of six-time winners Milan.

Celtic reached the UEFA Champions League's last 16 at the fourth attempt by finishing runners-up in Group F. They could even afford the luxury of losing their last group match on 6 December, 3-1 at FC Křbenhavn where Jiří Jarošík struck a late consolation.

Milan also lost their final group match – 2-0 at home to LOSC Lille Métropole - having already tied up first place in Group H.

Milan won the sides' first encounter in the 1968/69 European Champion Clubs' Cup quarter-finals. After a goalless draw at the San Siro, Piero Prati's 12-minute goal in Glasgow secured a 1-0 aggregate success and Milan went on to lift the trophy.

Milan also saw off Celtic en route to the final in 2004/05. Late strikes from Filippo Inzaghi (89 minutes) and Andrea Pirlo (90+1) earned the Rossoneri a 3-1 home success in the group stage in September 2004. A subsequent goalless draw at Celtic on the final matchday consigned the hosts to fourth place in the section – with Milan top.

Overall Milan have won six and drawn twice in ten games against Scottish sides, although their record in Scotland is mixed with two wins, one draw and two defeats.

Celtic's most memorable encounters with Italian opponents have come against Milan's neighbours, FC Internazionale Milano. Jock Stein's team beat Inter 2-1 in the 1966/67 European Cup final but in 1971/72 they suffered semi-final heartache, losing 5-4 on penalties at Celtic Park following two 0-0 draws. Overall, though, Celtic's home record against Italian sides is strong with four wins, two draws and one defeat.

Here you can discuss your thoughts and predictions of this game.

01-30-2007 09:11 AM
Quote this message in a reply
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

RE: Celtic v A C Milan

is going to be a very tough game for us celts i think that if we got a 1-0 win here we are capabile of getting a scoring draw over there!!

if i were a betting man, which i am not, i would defo go for celtic to go through.

01-31-2007 04:55 AM
redcanuck
Unregistered

I really hope Celtic go through to the next round. I think Celtic may just edge it at Parkhead 1-0 maybe 2-1, but can't see them getting a favourable result at the San Siro. Celtic's away form in the Champions league has been terrible and I would expect them to lose 2 or 3 to nil.

Expect AC Milan to advance on aggregate.

01-31-2007 05:17 AM
Redcanuck
Unregistered

Might have to change my pick on this one. With MIlan suffered two major injuries against Roma on Wednesday.

Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida is serious danger of missing out on the rest of the season after the Brazilian sustained a shoulder injury in the Rossoneri's Coppa Italia semi-final .

Meanwhile, striker Inzaghi was forced off the pitch with a muscle strain just 14 minutes after coming on as a substitute, and is likely to be out for three or four weeks.

Certainly should help Celtic and they maybe able to win by a couple of goals at Parkhead and be able hang on at the San Siro and advance to the next round.

02-03-2007 02:08 AM
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

RE:  Celtic v A C Milan

Redcanuck Wrote:

Might have to change my pick on this one.  With MIlan suffered two major injuries against Roma on Wednesday.

Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida is serious danger of missing out on the rest of the season after the Brazilian sustained a shoulder injury in the Rossoneri's Coppa Italia semi-final .

Meanwhile, striker Inzaghi was forced off the pitch with a muscle strain just 14 minutes after coming on as a substitute, and is likely to be out for three or four weeks.

Certainly should help Celtic and they maybe able to win by a couple of goals at Parkhead and be able hang on at the San Siro and advance to the next round.

nice news red

02-03-2007 03:56 AM
mbs
S.P.L Moderator

Group: Moderators

Red, great post, great pics and gteat news. However, I just cant see Celtic going thru. I would give anything to see us thru, even the SPL title (sorry keltoi and foggie) but Europe is the ONLY place to be. Miller and Jan would need to be in top top form, tommy G and naka as well with lennon in vintage mood. I would settle for a win at CP and a nite to remember. We need to up the ante. WGS is a super tactician so who knows, and the fans...? How many will go to the san siro? Celtic must have the best and most numerous away support in europe. 1-0 at CP is our best hope, and 0-0 in the san siro. My belly churns just thinking about the game. Just to be there is fantastic.

just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you
02-03-2007 07:11 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
F-U-M
Live Football Junior Member

Group: Registered

Is Milans second choice keeper not injured aswell? I'm predicting Celtic to win the tie overall if we can get a good home result here of a 2 goal lead or something. C'mon the hoops!

02-05-2007 12:02 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
mbs
S.P.L Moderator

Group: Moderators

Milan should not even be in the tournament. It is a scaldal they were allowed in. How much corruption in Italy has gone uncovered?

just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you
02-05-2007 12:11 AM
Redcanuck
Unregistered

I agree with you mbs, it is a joke that AC Milan were allowed into the Champions league this year.

Now the Italian Olympic Committee president Gianni Petrucci has hinted that the country's football could resume in two weeks.

The committee will meet on Sunday but no decision will be made until consultation with the Italian government.

They don't take corruption very serious in Italy, it is a way of life in Italy so there is no surprise that not much will be done about the death of the policeman or that AC Milan are even in the Champions league this year.

02-05-2007 05:15 AM
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

With all the goings on at the mo their minds will be a little preocupied
and if it is a closed door game , which iv heard it might be, we would have every chance of beating them. well a better chance than if it was a full stadium!!

also i think celtic are about to hit a nice streak of form and if they stick to the game plan there will be only one winner and thats CELTIC..

but like the rest of you THEY SHOULDNA FECKING BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

02-06-2007 05:19 AM
Pages (7): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: