For info on how to find our streams, E-Mail Ben_RFC_1873@hotmail.co.uk.

Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Should Lampard be dropped
Redcanuck
Unregistered

Group: N/A
Should Lampard be dropped

Frank Lampard has to go. He is a good player for Chelsea but has never set the international scene alight. He is one of the most over-rated players in football and he is a major obstacle in England's quest for glory.

McClaren is wasting Gerrard's talents by playing him on the right. Put him in the middle where he can take the game by the scruff of the neck and turn things around when things are not going to plan. McClaren`s reluctance to play Gerrard in the centre stems from the fact that he wants to play his 11 most talented footballers in every game, which all managers should do. But this is leading England to try to force square pegs into round holes, there must have been 4 or 5 players playing out of position against Israel

With Lampard out of the way, England can play Gerrard and Hargreaves in the middle. Lennon can then play in his natural position on the right of midfield. With Joe Cole healthy again on the left, it only leaves Michael Owen to come back and partner Rooney.

With players like Lampard, Crouch and Carragher on the bench there is enough talent to beat any one, but some one has to make the tough decisions. McClaren made one in dropping Beckham now make another and drop Lampard.

03-26-2007 12:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
matthewbush
Unregistered

RE: Should Lampard be dropped

I've never liked lampard. I've always said he is a waste of a player on the football field. 24 shots and not one goal in the world cup SHOULD be a big enough hint to steve mclaren that Lampard is not good enough for the interational stage.

He always gets in Gerrards way (his name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentance as Gerrards. and DEFINATELY should not be playing next to him.) and the only thing he can do is stike a ball. And when it comes to that he is lucky. He is the most over rated player in the world.
DROP HIM HE SHOULD HAVE GONE LONG AGO.

03-27-2007 02:20 AM
keltoi
S.P.L Moderator

Group: Moderators

i did not see the israel game but by all accounts lampard was disappointing as was most of the team - i feel that lamps and gerrard are not a good mix in the centre - he should put a holding midfielder in there, say , scholes if he can get him back, and play him with gerrard. There is no passion in that team just a bunch of over paid prima donnas!!!

03-27-2007 03:53 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
matthew dolan
I STINK

Group: Registered

hes a lazy player all he does is shoot.The only reason he is playing is that mclaren scared to drop himas Mourinho will slaughter him in the media.Personally I think hargreaves is better player as he works for the team but lampard walks rounsd the pitch and only comes a\live when he has the ball at his.I always thought Gerrard and him cannot play together as they get in each others.Drop him now and leave him on the fringes of England like beckham

03-27-2007 05:41 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

RE:  Should Lampard be dropped

keltoi Wrote:

i did not see the israel game but by all accounts lampard was disappointing as was most of the team - i feel that lamps and gerrard are not a good mix in the centre - he should put a holding midfielder in there, say , scholes if he can get him back, and play him with gerrard.  There is no passion in that team just a bunch of over paid prima donnas!!!

England should be one of the most feared national teams other nations want to play.but te fact is they are fast becoming the laughing stock!!!!
The players they have at their disposal should make the world beaters but they just can't berform as a team!! the think " ah its just israel" or " whens the finals again so i can get the family a free holiday"!!!!

Time for the players to get in to the real world and fight for the jersey not roll over and blame other's for their own misfortune.Even scotland could beat this English team and i know some of you will say " never in the month of sundays" but one thing the scottish players have is PRIDE PASSION AND COMMITMIENT. When the pull on the scottish to p all club rivilries go and they are united as one!!
England take note follow scotland's example and you will become a better team!!

ok rant over:)

03-27-2007 05:47 AM
matthewbush
Unregistered

They mite play with "PRIDE PASSION AND COMMITMIENT" but they will never beat england. NEVER in a million years. stop dreaming

03-27-2007 06:12 AM
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

RE:  Should Lampard be dropped

matthewbush Wrote:

They mite play with "PRIDE PASSION AND COMMITMIENT" but they will never beat england. NEVER in a million years. stop dreaming

you think????

never thought we would beat you in last game at wembly did you????

should have been 1 going on 4!!!!!

scotland would beat this current english team i have every confidience they would

03-28-2007 01:53 AM
kinseyjames
Live Football Moderator

Group: Moderators

My friends and I have begun taking bets on how long Mclaren will stay the England boss after the Israel game. I am a big fan of Gerrard, always have been and always will be, but was bothered at his play. Could it be the square peg/round whole syndrome? I think so.

I have never understood the logic used by coaches who insist on playing a player who has demostrated skill in a position out of that position. What's next, asking the goalie to be a field player?

Don't get me started on Lampard; you all have said most of what I would anyway. Gawd help England at this rate.

03-28-2007 02:00 AM
matthewbush
Unregistered

RE:   Should Lampard be dropped

celticfanfaefoggie Wrote:

matthewbush Wrote:

you think????

scotland would beat this current english team i have every confidience they would

well lets hope we play in euro 2008.

03-28-2007 03:42 AM
celticfanfaefoggie
Unregistered

RE:    Should Lampard be dropped

matthewbush Wrote:

celticfanfaefoggie Wrote:

matthewbush Wrote:

you think????

well lets hope we play in euro 2008.

well we will be ther but i dont know about your lot:P ;)

03-28-2007 03:51 AM
Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: