Live-Football

Full Version: Ticket Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Redcanuck
I know it is the Sun, but they are calling on the premier league to cut ticket prices.  Here is a link to the story and a petition to sign to reduce ticket prices.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007050694,00.html

the Herald today reorted that recent surveys in England have highlighted worrying trends in terms of attendances - Virgin Money claimed that 46% of Premiership supporters were going to fewer games, largely because of spiralling costs, while the majority of SPL clubs are enjoying increased attendances (except Aberdeen)
i seen in the paper abit ago, its cheaper to watch barcelona then mansfield town, & am from mansfield & its all ways been over price!!
The gravy train has to stop somewhere. Fans are being ripped off in the UK, especially in the EPL. Match fees, travel, costs of taking the kids, strips, sky sports subscritpions (if you dont know about live football). It all amounts to a small fortune. I just cant see it all continuing for much longer.
Here is an article form this weeks Sunday Herald that backs the view that fans are being absued by the governing bodies. Ticket prices, among other things have got out of hand

"We invest heavily in this sport of ours, as the billionaires queuing to bag Premiership clubs testify, and our outlay bears no relation whatever to inflation. True addicts are now spending thousands each year, literally, on season tickets, travel, TV subscriptions and, if they are authentic mugs, replica tat. For those who believe that football is a family affair, and who decide to take the kids along, the outlay is phenomenal.

In my belief, it won't last forever. There have already been a lot of empty spaces at a lot of English grounds this season, even - and this was never in the Russian masterplan - at Stamford Bridge. In Scotland, a mediocre national team is blessed with a support prepared to travel anywhere, most of the time, but even their credulity is limited. At Parkhead, a horde of fanatics are prepared to watch anything involving green and white hoops, but even their patience can be tested. Last week, it was tested.

No one disputes that Italian football was under an obligation to act, at long last, after the killing of a policeman at the Catania-Palermo derby. Platitudes about violence having nothing to do with the game would no longer wash: murder does not accompany golf or rugby. The real question, perhaps parochial, was this: why should travelling Scottish fans be fined, in effect, because of Italian thuggery?

Did Uefa even recognise the potential for injustice?

Not so you would notice. At the time of writing, the governing body remains "hopeful" that Celtic will meet AC Milan, before an audience, at the San Siro on March 7. The Italian FA are meanwhile "optimistic" that Scotland's somewhat important Euro 2008 qualifier will go ahead on March 28. No one can say for sure, however, and we may have to wait another fortnight for the final decisions. Try putting that on your travel insurance claim.

If the San Siro cannot be made secure, the Stade de France in Paris is on stand-by. What's another glamorous European city to a globe-trotting fan? The San Nicola Stadium in Bari, meanwhile, comes nowhere near meeting the Italian government's own standards. Is that venue also subject to possible change, or will safety arrangements simply be ignored? Which idea do you find more heartening?

As Gordon Strachan made clear last week, all this is immaterial in football terms. He and his players will turn out whenever and wherever. The coach had the good grace to recognise, though, that it could be a bit tough on the fans, but that was not his main concern.

Nor should it be. The onus in such situations falls squarely on those staging the tournaments. Think of it this way. If I were to buy one of those all-in, flight-hotel-concert packages in order to catch the Rolling Stones in Paris or Rome, I'd expect my money back, and all my money, if Keith Richards fell out of a tree. Granted, the comparison is not exact. Many of the Celtic and Scotland supporters would be classed as independent travellers, but proof of purchase should be enough to justify compensation.

It may be that the issue will not arise, if only because the Uefa executive has a horror of losing money. Last week, nevertheless, there was not even the whisper of a suggestion that customers could and should be reimbursed if problems cannot be resolved. Think of the precedent, as the great minds of Nyon would probably conclude. The next thing you know, fans will begin to believe they have rights"

BenRFC
I cant believe people would actually pay these prices. This means clubs will have more money to spend on players, whose price tag will rise. Soon it'll get out of hand.
matthewbush
im an arsenal fan i think these prices are disgusting. there's no piont to these prices.
will the clubs reduce the price of tickets given the recent increase in tv revenue - probably not!! football is becoming unreachable for the real fans.
I think it is disgraceful the fans dont seem to count anymore its the same with the tv companys they dictate when games are played
Iam not really suprised as they all big clubs
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's