Live-Football

Full Version: ENGLISH FOOTBALL FANS.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
celticfanfaefoggie
OPINION ON HENRICK LARSSON PLEASE
Tasin
The guys a legend

If we could just keep Larsson until May i would be happy and i am sure he would be going home with a league winners medal. The rules state that if a players makes 10 or more appearances then that player has claim to a medal.

Not alot of people know this, but Shay Given has an old Division 1 medal from his time at Sunderland. He had gone back to Blackburn before the end of the season, but was awarded a medel because he had made over 10 appearances for Sunderland.

He shouldn't of wasted all that time up there.
Redcanuck
Larsson looks the real deal.  His understanding of the game is first rate.  The understanding he has developed with Rooney and other United players is incredible for some one who has only been there less than 2 months.

He is always in a good position and does his share of coming back to help out.

The negative is his age.  He was better in his first couple of games with United then he has been the last couple.  I don't think he can go 90 minutes any more, but you have to remember he is 35.  

It is too bad that he didn't join United 10 years ago instead of Celtic.  If he had he may have gone down as one of the all time greats.  Instead the 7 years in Scotland against inferior competition will be held against him when he is compared against the all time greats.
celticfanfaefoggie
Redcanuck Wrote:

Larsson looks the real deal.  His understanding of the game is first rate.  The understanding he has developed with Rooney and other United players is incredible for some one who has only been there less than 2 months.

He is always in a good position and does his share of coming back to help out.

The negative is his age.  He was better in his first couple of games with United then he has been the last couple.  I don't think he can go 90 minutes any more, but you have to remember he is 35.  

It is too bad that he didn't join United 10 years ago instead of Celtic.  If he had he may have gone down as one of the all time greats.  Instead the 7 years in Scotland against inferior competition will be held against him when he is compared against the all time greats.

so basicly you are saying that all english fans, pundits and managers were wrong when they said years ago that he wouldn't beable to cut it in the EPL.

and tasin it wasn't a case of him wasteing his time " up there" as you put it it was a case of no EPL clubs thought he could hack it down there!!

your loss then was our gain and i think larsson's!!!
Tasin
Actually SAF wanted him a few years a go but Larrson's family had just settled in Scotland, i dont remember any managers saying he cant cut it in the epl.
celticfanfaefoggie
Tasin Wrote:

Actually SAF wanted him a few years a go but Larrson's family had just settled in Scotland, i dont remember any managers saying he cant cut it in the epl.  

they were saying that he scores for fun but doubted he could cut it in the EPL due to the better football players
Tasin
Soz, never heard any1 say that, but still if the managers did say that, y would SAF go for him when he's 35?
celticfanfaefoggie
Tasin Wrote:

Soz, never heard any1 say that, but still if the managers did say that, y would SAF go for him when he's 35?

am just proving the point that they all got it wrong mate!!!

people think our game is sh!te up here and to a certian extent it is but we could hold our own against any of the top epl clubs and top european clubs week in week out.

on the amount of money we get compared to other leagues i think is nothing short of maraculas that we are where we are today!!

Larsson is a product of the spl and shows that we are a good league;)

celticfanfaefoggie Wrote:

Tasin Wrote:

am just proving the point that they all got it wrong mate!!!

people think our game is sh!te up here and to a certian extent it is but we could hold our own against any of the top epl clubs and top european clubs week in week out.

on the amount of money we get compared to other leagues i think is nothing short of maraculas that we are where we are today!!

Larsson is a product of the spl and shows that we are a good league;)

agreed foggie - larsson left scotland a far better player than when he came!! he stayed in scotland coz he was idolised and he is a rare breed in that he is a loyal player. larsson is and will alway be a celtic legend!
class but why did the cunt pick on villa to score his first for united. lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's